Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Temptation bombards me from every flank

So I am at the office last night, just preparing to go home, and I get a call from a friend in PR.
"Hello Pete," she / he says (I am protecting not just her anonymity, but her gender. Although not very well). "Do you want a swish hotel room for the night? I've had a client pull out of a meeting at the last minute and so the room's only going to go unused, but it's already paid for. It's yours if you want it."
"Hmmm," I say. "Let me get back to you."
A few moments later...
"Hello, Hilton Croydon, how can I help you?"
"Ah yes. Can you tell me how many different types of pizza there are on your room service menu please?"
"One moment sir... There are four types of pizza available through in-room dining: salami and prosciutto, chicken and green pesto, rocket and..."
"That will be all, thank you."

I called my PR friend back immediately, and told her I'd pass.

No comments: