Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Through the 24-hour barrier with no ill effects

Well, that's the first day out of the way, and not a sliver of pizza passed my lips. I met a lady in the Crystal Palace Tavern and had a long passionate discussion about pizza that could very easily have reignited my lust for crust, but no. We were both in agreement that Firezze pizzas are rubbish and the only reason for them to exist is as somewhere to order wine from when you're stuck. Put some cheese on your pizzas, you smug fuckers!

Anyway, my pizza withdrawal is manageable so far. But then it is only Wednesday and I had a huge fuck-off Dominator on Monday so I can't exactly claim to be out of the woods just yet. Wolverhampton is going to be the sternest test, not least because I have been informed that an award-winning pizzeria has opened in the village where my parents live. What kind of picturesque Staffordshire village has a pizzeria in it? What is the world coming to? Do they not know what I am trying to do here?

I think I'll have sushi for lunch.

No comments: